A J1 visa is a form of US study and exchange visa. It allows you to stay in the US for a limited time while participating in an exchange visitor programme. To be eligible for a J1 visa, you must first apply for an exchange programme through an assigned sponsor in the United States. You can apply for a J1 visa only after you have been accepted into a programme.

A J-1 visa allows you to stay for two or three years. However, the length of time you are permitted to stay in the United States on a J-1 visa varies based on the programme for which you applied.

For example, if you are a university student, your visa is valid for the duration of your studies, whereas a short-term scholar is only allowed to stay for six months. After their visa ends, all J-1 visa holders are usually allowed a 30-day grace period to plan their return trip home.

All visa applicants are responsible for the accuracy of their visa application forms and must carefully consider the requirements set out in the visa application forms and complete all application forms fully and truthfully and provide correct and accurate information and documentation in support of their visa. www.visa-applications.org is a private visa support company and works under the governance of a SRA registered solicitor and is not affiliated with any government body. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited.
Informative Media UK Ltd - 10435668.