B1 B2 Visa – US Visa Applications

United States Travel Authorization

Click 'Start Application to get started on your official travel authorization for your visit to the USA.

B1 B2 Visa

Important Travel Document Information – Please Read

B1 B2 Visa, if you are ineligible for an ESTA visa waiver or require a longer term visa, a B1 B2 visa is likely suitable for you. The B-1 B-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows the holder to visit the United States for business or tourism. B visas cover almost all reasons for temporary travel, with the exception of student travel, which is covered by F-1 visas.

The B-1 visa is for business trips, whereas the B-2 visa is for tourism, such as vacations or family visits.

The B1/B2 visa allows travel to the USA for up to 6 months at a time and is valid for 10 years.

  • Multi-entry
  • For tourist / business visits
  • Embassy interview required

To get started and get support on your B1/B2 visa application click ‘Start Application’.

There’s no assurance that you’ll get a visa. Make no final trip arrangements or purchase tickets until you have received your visa.

Get Started On Your Visa Application For America

The B1 B2 visaThe B1 B2 visa is the standard non-immigration visa for people wishing to travel to the USA for visits of 6 months or less. If you are ineligible for an ESTA, it is the first alternative. 

B1 Business Visitor Visa

A B1 ‘Visitor for Business’ Visa allows business travellers to enter the United States. These visas are typically provided as a combination of a B-1 business visit visa and a B2 ‘Visitor for Pleasure’ (i.e. tourist) visa. As a result of this approach, an old B1 B2 visa issued for a vacation trip may be valid for a scheduled business trip.

A B1 Business Visitor Visa would be the right kind of visa for the journey if the aim of the trip is to join with business partners, go to a scientific, educational, professional or business conference, settle an estate, or negotiate the terms of a contract.

As a business traveller in the United States, you are permitted to:

  • Organize Negotiations
  • Soliciting purchases or investments
  • Talk about any anticipated purchases or investments
  • Make purchases or investments
  • Attend meetings and thoroughly engage.

Talk to us and we will talk you through how to apply for a b1 visa

B2 Tourist Visitor Visa

If the purpose of the planned travel is purely recreational, such as tourism, visiting friends or family or is related to medical treatment, fraternal, social, or service activities, or amateur participation in musical, sporting, or similar events or contests, a B2 Visitor Visa would be the appropriate type of visa for you. Students, non-permanent employees, crew members, and journalists who want to go to the United States for a different reason must apply for a new kind of visa.

Visa Interviews

You will be interviewed by a consular official to see whether you are eligible for a visiting visa. To get a visa, you must demonstrate that you fulfil the legal criteria of the United States. As part of the application procedure, digital fingerprint scans will be obtained without the use of ink. They’re typically taken during your interview, although it depends on where your interview takes place.

The consular officer on your case may decide that your particular application needs further regulatory processing after your visa interview is completed. If this is necessary, the consular official will notify you. Following the approval of your visa, you may be required to pay a visa issuance fee (if applicable) and make the neccesary arrangement for the return of your passport and visa, usually by post.

Because interview wait periods vary by location, season, and visa type, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. Examine the interview wait time at the place where you’ll be applying.

Entry To The United States

A visa enables a foreign person to go to a United States port-of-entry (usually an airport) and request to be granted permission to enter the country. We can ensure your visa application goes smoothly, however, entrance to the USA is not guaranteed by an approved visa. At the port of entry, authorities from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) have the power to grant or refuse entrance to the United States. The CBP officer will give you an entry sticker or a paper Form I-94, known as an Arrival/Departure Record, if you are permitted to enter the United States.

How To Apply

You can complete our application online and receive expert support & guidance from a registered U.S. immigration attorney who can make sure you’re fully prepared for the visa process. You can proceed directly without the help of an attorney however if you’ve never applied for a visa before we recommend you take the initial consultation. You may visit the USA for up to 6 months at a time for 10 years.

Check out our full list of FAQ’s.

Once you submit an application, it will go through our 8 point check to ensure there will be no issues with your authorization. Sometimes it can take up to 72 hours to schedule your consultation call with the attorney but you will be kept up to date from the moment your application is submitted.

You will receive all updates to the email address you present on your application and our phone lines are open 9am-5pm (GMT+0) if you have any queries.

Get Started On Your Visa Application For America

Applications on Visa-Applications.org

You are guaranteed a professional and pleasant experience by applying for visa through us. Our easy 3 step process allows you to apply stress free and receive your visa travel authorization ready for your visit to the USA. As well as our optimised process you can also look forward to the following benefits:

✅ Easy To Fill In Form
✅ Expert & Reliable Customer Care / Support
✅ Application Revision Governed by In-House Solicitor
✅ Free Correction of Mistakes
✅ Secure Form
✅ Direct Delivery of ESTA Approval Document via Email
✅ Recovery of Document if ESTA is ever lost

95% of Applications Are Approved Within 24 Hours

95% of Applications Are Approved Within 24 Hours

24/7/365 Reliable Customer Support

24/7/365 Reliable Customer Support

Easy, Simple and Secure Online Application Form

Easy, Simple and Secure Online Application Form

Detailed Experts Review Of Your Application Before Submission

Detailed Experts Review Of Your Application Before Submission

Easy Three Step Process


Visitors that travel from countries who are participating in the Visa Waiver Program are in deed eligible for an ESTA Visitor Visa Waiver.

These countries include but are not restricted to:

  • United Kingdom (UK), British Citizens
  • Ireland, Irish Citizens
  • Australia, Australian Citizens
  • New Zealand (NZ), New Zealand Citizens

US Visa Applications

You will need an ESTA for any vacations / holidays to America. Every member of your family will require an ESTA, regardless of age. This is valid for 90 days, you can travel to multiple states during this time. Any travel longer than that will require a full visa, such as a B2 Visitor Visa.

In some cases you can get an ESTA for a business visit, providing it is unpaid. It is okay for the company to pay for any expenses such as accommodation or flights. If you will be paid for any of your time spent in the US, you will need to apply for either a B1 Business Visitor Visa or another of the many work visas available.

No. B1 B2 Visas only grant travel to the USA, entry is determined by the customs officers at the border.

You can appeal any rejections at the embassy. You may want to seek legal help / advice.

Once you have a B1 B2 visa, you will be granted authorisation to stay in the USA for a starting period of 6 months, which can be extended with a US Visa Applications.

It is not acceptable to undertake any work or seek employment in the United States while travelling under a B1 B2 visa.

If your application is successful, you can expect your visa to be processed by the U.S. embassy within 3-5 working days. Then an extra 2-3 working days should be given for courier return of your documents.

A B1 visa is specifically for business associated activities, whereas a B2 visa is for tourism and recreational travels.

You can change your B1 B2 visa into a Green Card only under some circumstances. During your time staying in the USA with a B1 B2 visa, you may be eligible to apply for an EB-1 green card only if you fall under extraordinary ability.

The B1 B2 visa is a multi-entry visa. This means you can enter the USA more than once and there is no given limit on the amount of visits, as long as you do not over-stay the duration of your visa.

The initial visa period is 6 months and can usually be extended in increments of 6 months at a time. The amount of times you can extend your visa is down to the descretion of the US government and your reasons for extension of US visa applications.

If your passport does not offer many visa-free entry options, once you obtain a valid US visa, as well as being able to enter the United States and their territories, you may also be eligible to enter Canada, Mexico, Central America (Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador etc.)

You should always confirm this information with the embassy before travel.

A DS-160 form is required for a B1 B2 visa application, the cost of this is $160 paid directly to the US embassy. You may be required to pay further fees depending on where you submit your application from.

All visa applicants are responsible for the accuracy of their visa application forms and must carefully consider the requirements set out in the visa application forms and complete all application forms fully and truthfully and provide correct and accurate information and documentation in support of their visa. Visa-Applications.org is a private visa support company and works under the governance of a SRA registered solicitor and is not affiliated with any government body. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited.
Informative Media UK Ltd - 10435668.